FIND YOUR RED THREAD
Don't just wow the crowd. Change them.
RED THREAD RETREAT
In Swedish, the expression “red thread” refers to a theme or message that runs consistently through something — a movie, a piece of text, a conversation. It comes from the Greek myth where King Theseus found his way out of the Minotaur’s labyrinth by following a red thread he laid down on his way in.
Every talk has a Red Thread™, too. It’s not just the message of the talk, nor the idea that rests at its core. It’s the set of concepts that creates the path to change.
And it's the difference between a good talk and a great one.
Want to find yours? Then join us for a Red Thread Retreat.
HOW IT WORKS
Walk in with an idea for your next (or first!) big talk, walk out with everything you need to build and sell it.
And because the Retreat is limited to 10 speakers and thinkers, you'll not only get personalized, interactive attention and feedback, you'll also get a ready-made mastermind group -- others, like you, who want the benefit of intense, focused attention on their idea.
Over the two days you will:
- Understand the three basic kinds of talks and which one serves your idea best
- Learn the difference between a title, a topic, and the Red Thread
- Build both "explaining" and "selling" versions of the Red Thread -- your answer to "What's this talk about?"
- Identify the five key concepts that not only shape your Red Thread but also serve as the underlying outline for any great talk
- Uncover the REAL "big idea" at the core of your talk -- the one that turns your talk from good to great
- Test your talk's emotional and intellectual strength using the Red Thread Storyline
- Combine your talk type with your Red Thread to draft a working title for your talk
- Draft short and long descriptions for your talk -- and pitch it to your fellow speakers
- Leave with a simple tool for outlining your talk and turning it into a script
- Gain insight, feedback, and camaraderie from your fellow speakers and thinkers
Day one: 9 - 6
- Find your talk's Red Thread using the five key concepts that will serve as the backbone of your talk
- Build and test your talk's storyline to make sure it makes sense both intellectually and intuitively
Day two: 9 - 3
- Create your talk's high-level outline from opening through to your Call to Action
- Draft your talk's pitch package -- and present it to your fellow speakers
Me! Tamsen. And everything that entails...
My husband, Tom Webster, will also be there and be facilitating. He's a former professor of rhetoric, an active and accomplished speaker, and a whiz at presenting data and research. You'll like him. I do.
New York City: May 20-21 - SOLD OUT
215 Park Avenue South
Chicago: July 15-16 - JUST ADDED!
720 N. Franklin
Early Bird: $2250 (until May 15)
Middle Bird: $2450 (until June 15)
Regular Bird: $2750
Includes snacks, lunch, and dinner on Day 1 and snacks and lunch on Day 2, plus all materials.
Also, while the fee is nonrefundable, if for some reason you need to change your plans, you can apply the fee to a future Red Thread Retreat or to 1:1 virtual coaching with Tamsen (redeemable for up to six months).