What's the secret to being a better presenter?
Passion, not (just) polish.
While presence and polish are important, what's even more important is where they come from — the intersection of passion and preparation.
After all, the best message is the one you're confident delivering.
And passion trumps polish every time.
So you if you want to be a better presenter (whether in internal meetings or commanding a keynote stage), that means you need to start by building better presentations. Talks that build on how only you see and what only you do — your Red Thread™.
Not Sure if The Red Thread is Right for You?
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
Through the recorded presentation and discussion, you'll learn the six Building Blocks for Better Talks and a process for putting them together for better presentations and presence.
- SITUATION - Who is it for? What does the talk need to do, for both you and your audience?
- SUBSTANCE - How do you find the big idea of the talk? What is its Red Thread™? How do you make it clear, defensible, and differentiated?
- STRUCTURE - How should you organize and outline a talk? How can you anticipate and overcome objections? How can you keep the audience interested and engaged?
- SUPPORT -How do you make your information come alive? Where and how should you use data, concepts, stories, and exercises?
- SCRIPTING & SLIDES - How do you turn an outline into a talk you can actually give? (Hint: it's not always a script... and it's not always slides!)
- STYLE - How can you make this process, and your presentations, truly fit you? How can you make the most of your own individual style to engage and empower the audience?
After watching the workshop you'll be able to:
- Clearly define the goals and objectives for every talk you give and implement a process to achieve them
- Identify the five key concepts that create a Red Thread™ and how to use them to title, structure, summarize, and explain your message
- Use the proprietary Talk Block Outline™ to test focus and flow and to brainstorm supporting data, concepts, stories, and exercises
- Choose between three different approaches that get your talk rehearsal-ready and how to adapt each to suit you best
- Plan how and when to use slides and handouts that serve your audience best
- Practice Tamsen's TEDx-tested presenting "power-ups" to maximize your presence onstage, no matter the size
Ready to be a better presenter? Grab the recording below!
BUILDING BLOCKS FOR BETTER TALKS ONLINE
- Six modules of content
- A digital copy of the workbook and related materials
- Access to digital recordings of the workshop