Tell the story they need to hear.
How strong is your story?
Take the FREE Red Thread Assessment and find out
Build your story to finish theirs.
You know you need a consistent, compelling story to sell your company, your products and services… to sell you. But there’s a problem. No one seems to agree on what that story actually is.
Here’s why: there isn't ever just one story. Stories that work for one person, or one situation, aren't stories that work for your business. That’s because the story you most need to tell isn’t over yet. You’re building it right now, with your clients and customers.
You need them to finish your story. They need you to finish theirs.
That kind of story follows a consistent structure, as all stories do. I call that structure The Red Thread®, and it’s what makes stories of all kinds so compelling. When your team learns to find and build it, they’ll create the stories that help your customers achieve their goals and help you achieve yours.
WHICH OF THESE IS YOU?
PRODUCTS AND PACKAGES
Let's do this.
Red Thread® Audit
You send me your high-stakes content or messaging, and I’ll give you comprehensive recommendations on how to makes its – and your – story strong enough to shine through.
To get there, we’ll:
- Start with a kickoff call to discuss your content's hoped-for goals and its intended audience
- You’ll send me your content or messaging in advance (up to five pieces of content).
- I’ll audit how your messaging performs individually in four key areas (Story, Strength, Structure, and Support) as well as how well it supports your overall goals.
- Together we’ll discuss a list of recommendations for specific actions you can take to improve your content or messaging in all four areas.
- High-stakes presentations, proposals, pitch decks, and white papers, but can also be used with your website’s top-level pages or other key messaging.
- Pre-session strategy call and materials review
- One 90-minute recorded and transcribed video conference
- Audit results and recommendations
Scalable Story™ Session
Together we’ll create your Scalable Storybook™, your resource for all the stories you can tell. We’ll define the mindset of your primary market, the core message that works best for their goals (and yours), your case for that message, and all the elements from which you can craft future Scalable Stories and storylines. You’ll have what you need to build a story that doesn’t just sell – it scales.
To get there, we’ll:
- Define your primary market and its mindset: what they want, value, and struggle with
- Identify the Red Thread®: the core message that binds your clients and customers to you
- Determine the five key elements that serve as the framework of your organization's Scalable Story™
- Draft the "storyline" —the high-level outline or elevator pitch —of your Scalable Story™.
- The Scalable Storybook™, a document that captures all of the above, as well as the process we used to get there. That way, you can use the same process to develop other Scalable Stories as needed.
- A recording and transcription of the session to capture specific language and nuance. Transcribing the session frees your team up to fully participate in the discussion, without having to worry about taking notes.
- Market-ready Messaging™: We’ll work together to adapt your core Scalable Story for each phase of your marketing and sales funnel and for up to three audiences (additional full day)
Red Thread® Accreditation
Over a series of live and virtual sessions, you or your team will learn how to find and build Red Threads® and Scalable Stories™, for any content format or length.
At the end of this “Train the Trainer” program, participants are eligible for Red Thread® Accreditation. Accreditation certifies participants’ role as in-house experts in using the Red Thread Method™ to develop messages, content, and strategies for you or your clients and customers. We’ll work together to customize your program to need your needs and budget.
To get there, you’ll:
- Experience the Red Thread® firsthand, via a Scalable Story™ Session at your organization
- Learn and be tested on all the key concepts, process, and facilitation techniques required to build a successful Red Thread® or Scalable Story™
- Practice and receive detailed feedback on how to apply what you learn to real situations
- Comprehensive “Train the Trainer” process
- Access to materials, including facilitator guide and workbook, tools and instruments to use with (internal or external) clients, marketing assets, and brand guide
- Feedback, coaching and observation
- Membership in a community of fellow practitioners
Want more detail or versions to share with colleagues?
Getting started is easy:
- Step 1: You tell me about yourself in the form below
- Step 2: We set up a quick call to discuss your needs in detail
- Step 3: We schedule and start the best program for you