THE SCALABLE STORY™ SESSION
[FIND YOUR THROUGHLINE]
"Well, I can tell our story...but no one else can."
"Everyone tells our story differently. There's no consistency."
"Ugh. We don't even know what our story is.
Do anyof these sound familiar? You're not alone. That's a problem,of course, because you need your story to sell. Sell your product. Your ideas. Maybe even you.
But something's still not working.
That's because the real problem is there isn't ever just one story. Stories that work for one person, or one situation, aren't stories that work for your business, because your business serves more than one person, in more than one situation. (And you have more than one person telling those stories, too.)
So you don't just need your story to sell. You need your story to scale. You need a way of thinking about stories -- and your company's story in particular -- that you can adapt. Adapt from salesperson to salesperson (or marketer to marketer). Adapt from client to client. Adapt from sales stage to sales stage.
You need to find your Scalable Story™ -- the foundation of all the stories you tell, both intentionally and not. It's not just the "what" of your company. Or even the "why." It's the why behind the why. What ties how you see the world to the change your company wants to make in it.
What's your scalable Story?
Let's build it.
HOW THIS WORKS
In one full-day (six-hour) session, your team and I will work together to:
- Define your primary market and its mindset – what they want, value, and struggle with
- Identify the Red Thread™ – the core message that binds your clients and customers to you
- Determine the five key elements that make up your organization's Scalable Story
- The GOAL of those you serve. This is the ONE thing they want or need and that your organization helps them get.
- A two-part PROBLEM of perspective. This is the gap your organization exists to fill.
- A TRUTH. This is an axiom or provable fact that unlocks why the problem exists for your market, as well as why the Change you represent is the right one for them.
- A CHANGE. This is the shift in thinking or behavior you represent in the marketplace.
- The ACTION, or multiple ones, necessary to making the Change happen.
- Draft the "storyline" —the high-level outline or elevator pitch —of your Scalable Story™. We'll also talk through how to vary the story for various client types, verticals, or industries
Together we'll create your Scalable Storybook™, a document that captures all of the above, as well as the process we used to get there. That way, you can use the same process to develop other Scalable Stories as needed. You'll also receive a recording and transcription of the session to capture specific language and nuance. Transcribing the session also frees the team up to fully participate in the discussion, without having to worry about taking notes
You walk away with:
- The Red Thread, the core message that binds your clients and customers to you
- An outline of the core concepts that serve as the framework for your Scalable Story
- How to adapt your Scalable Story based on your organization's, as well as your clients' and customers', needs and goals
- Up to three one-hour video follow-up calls to review messages and materials
The investment for this full-day messaging session is $10,500, which includes travel and incidentals.
Clients direct-book hotel and ground transportation, where necessary.