Find your Red Thread.
Red Thread Weekend
In Swedish, the expression "red thread" refers to a theme or message that runs consistently through something — a movie, a piece of text, a conversation. It comes from the Greek myth where King Theseus found his way out of the Minotaur’s labyrinth by following a red thread he laid down on his way in.
Every idea has a Red Thread™, too. It’s not just your talk or your message of the talk. It’s the set of concepts that creates the path to change.
And it's what makes an idea big enough to build a business on.
Want to find yours?
Then join us for a Red Thread Weekend.
RED THREAD WEEKEND
HOW IT WORKS
Walk in with your idea, walk out with everything you need to make it small enough to sell and big enough to build your book or business on.
And because the Weekend is limited to a small group of hand-picked thinkers, you'll not only get personalized, interactive attention and feedback, you'll also get a ready-made mastermind group — others, like you, who want the benefit of intense, focused attention on their idea.
Over the two days you will:
- Understand the three basic kinds of messages and how to develop each for your idea
- Learn the difference between a title, a topic, and the Red Thread
- Build both "explaining" and "selling" versions of the Red Thread -- your answer to "What's your big idea?"
- Identify the Red Thread Statements, the five key concepts that not only shape your Red Thread but also serve as the underlying outline for all the content you need to build to support
- Uncover the truth that makes your big idea impossible to unhear — the one that turns your idea from good to great
- Test your idea's emotional and intellectual strength using the Red Thread Storyline
- Learn how to rework the components of your idea into working titles, as well as the short and long descriptions that help you summarize and sell it
- Leave with a simple tool you can use to outline everything from a TED-style talk to a multi-day workshop
- Be able to adapt your idea, and your content, to different audiences (without recreating your content from scratch every time)
- Gain insight, feedback, and camaraderie from your fellow speakers and thinkers
Day one: 9 - 6
- Find your idea's Red Thread using the five key concepts that will serve as its backbone
- Build and test your idea's storyline to make sure it makes sense both intellectually and intuitively
Day two: 9 - 3
- Create your content's high-level outline from Opening through to Call to Action
- Adapt your Red Thread for different audiences using the Message Matrix™
- Learn to use the proprietary Talk Block Outline™ to develop visual storyboards and outlines for your content
- Use simple, proven templates to draft saleable short and long descriptions for your content
Me! Tamsen. And everything that entails...
My husband, Tom Webster, will also be there and be facilitating. He's a former professor of rhetoric, an active and accomplished speaker, and a whiz at presenting data and research. You'll like him. I do.
WEEKENDS ON DEMAND
BOSTON, MA: On Demand
Balance Due Upon Booking: $1,495
Reserve your spot in an upcoming Red Thread Weekend! With your deposit, you'll be put on a list of thinkers ready to develop their next big idea. Once we've constructed the ideal group, we'll work with you to find a weekend that works for everyone's schedule.
Includes snacks, actual (non-boxed) lunches on both days, a fancypants dinner on Day 1, plus printed and digital worksheets.
Also, while the fee is nonrefundable, if for some reason you need to change your plans (or we do), you can apply the fee to a future Red Thread Weekend or to 1:1 virtual coaching with Tamsen (redeemable for up to six months).
Interested in hosting a Red Thread Weekend in your town? All we need is a group of four like-minded people. Contact me to learn more about special group rates.